Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Navarre ECARA UHF Repeater Wires-X

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Has anyone used the 444.2 machine for Wires-X? I can't seem to get it to work with my Yaesu rig. Should I be using FM or C4FM?

Thanks,

Steve

N4SFS

Topic starter

I've received a tip via email that pointed to a YouTube video for FT-991A owners having difficulty accessing a Wires-X repeater. It recommended turning the squelch up to 20 in FM mode and then switching to C4FM to access the Wires-X node. Tried that and no luck. Verified that I can access the repeater in FM voice mode so the connectivity is there over-the-air. Open to other ideas.

Steve

N4SFS

Can't really offer anything, but is there another WiresX you Can connect to? just to rule out your setup?

N1EBC

Topic starter

No, this is the only Wires-X enabled repeater within reach of my home QTH. I was able to have W4LAT Larry help me out from Toledo. He was able to access the Navarre CERT/W8EHH room on Wires-X and he could hear me when I modulated with C4FM. But my FT-991A will not connect to show me the rooms. So my audio makes it through, I can use the repeater in normal FM analog voice mode, but cannot connect my rig digitally. I'm stuck there.

Share: